Department of Biostatistics at the Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine is founded in June 2014. The Center for Quality Assurance in Research and Development (CQARD) which consists of 5 sections is founded in November 2014,and Department of Biostatistics has been in charge of the Division of Biostatistics and Data Management,one of its divisions. Although the organization was changed to "The Clinical and Traslational Research Center (CTREC), Division of Data Sciences" from April 2019,we continue to engage in research support and data reliability assurance.
Our main researches/purposes are as follows,
- Development of clinical trial design using Bayesian approach
- Teramukai S, Daimon T, Zohar S. An extension of Bayesian predictive sample size selection designs for monitoring efficacy and safety. Statistics in Medicine 2015;34:3029-3039
- Teramukai S, Daimon T, Zohar S. A Bayesian predictive sample size selection design for single-arm exploratory clinical trials. Statistics in Medicine 2012;31:4243-4254.
- Zohar S, Teramukai S, Zhou Y. Bayesian design and conduct of phase II single-arm clinical trials with binary outcomes: A tutorial. Contemporary Clinical Trials 2008;29:608-616.
- Prognostic factors analysis and meta-analysis
- Teramukai S, Kitano T, Kishida Y, Kawahara M, Kubota K, Komuta K, Minato K, Mio T, Fujita Y, Yonei T, Nakano K, Tsuboi M, Shibata K, Furuse K, Fukushima M. Pretreatment neutrophil count as an independent prognostic factor in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: An analysis of Japan Multinational Trial Organisation LC00-03. European Journal of Cancer 2009;45:1950-1958.
- Teramukai S, Ochiai K, Tada H, Fukushima M. Reply to “Validation of a new prognostic index for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: results from its application to a UK-based cohort”. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2007;25:5670-5671.
- Teramukai S, Ochiai K, Tada H, Fukushima M. PIEPOC: A new prognostic index for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer – Japan Multinational Trial Organization OC01-01. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2007;25:3302-3306.
- Teramukai S, Nishiyama H, Matsui Y, Ogawa O, Fukushima M. Evaluation for surrogacy of end points by using data from observational studies: Tumor down-staging for evaluating neoadjuvant chemotherapy in invasive bladder cancer. Clinical Cancer Research 2006;12:139-143.
- Teramukai S, Matsuyama Y, Mizuno S, Sakamoto J. Individual patient-level and study-level meta-analysis for investigating modifiers of treatment effect. Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology 2004;34:717-721.
- Teramukai S, Rohan T, Lee KY, Eguchi H, Oda T, Kono S. Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-binding protein-3 and colorectal adenomas in Japanese men. Japanese Journal of Cancer Research 2002;93:1187-1194.
- Teramukai S, Rohan T, Eguchi H, Oda T, Shinchi K, Kono S. Anthropometric and behavioral correlates of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 in middle-aged Japanese men. American Journal of Epidemiology 2002;156:344-348.
- Prediction in survival data
- Teramukai S, Okuda Y, Miyazaki S, Kawamori R, Shirayama M Teramoto T. Dynamic prediction model and risk assessment chart for cardiovascular disease based on on-treatment blood pressure and baseline risk factors. Hypertension Research 2016;39:113-118.
- Yokota I, Matsuyama Y. Dynamic prediction for repeated events data based on landmark model using dynamic pseudo observations. 36th Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, Utrecht, The Netherlands, August 24, 2015. Abstract P07.4.
- Yokota I, Matsuyama Y, Ohashi Y. Extension on a landmarking model using a fractional polynomial function for dynamic prediction. 34th Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, Munich, Germany, August 25-27, 2013. Abstract P136.
- Administration of clinical data center